WEST HARTFORD, Conn. - The University of Saint Joseph (USJ) Department of Athletics is continuing its fun new weekly initiative called Blue Jay Tuesday, which will feature a different USJ student-athlete answering a series of 10 questions every Tuesday to help fans better get to know the Blue Jays. Last week, USJ featured Stephen Laffin in the sixth release, a senior on the men' basketball team. Debuting in the seventh installment of Blue Jay Tuesday is senior Bianca Pappacoda (East Haven, Conn.) from the USJ softball team.
10 Things To Know About Bianca
1) What is your favorite ice cream flavor? - Personally, I'm not a huge ice cream person! But when I'm in the mood, a Ben & Jerry's 'Phish Food' milkshake is definitely my go-to!
2) Who is your favorite professional athlete? Why? - Bo Jackson. Not only is he one of the hands-down, greatest athletes of all time, he also was able to instill the ideas of hope and perseverance through his career and experience as an athlete.
3) What is the most memorable moment of your softball career at USJ? - The most memorable moment of my softball career is definitely a toss-up. First, I cannot begin to describe the emotions that filled our team as the last, not-so-typical out was made in the 2019 GNAC Championship game against Simmons. I may not have been on the field for that moment, but I definitely felt every second of it! The other would be being named a captain coming into my senior year. This was not only something I worked hard for, but something I was able to wear with pride everyday on and off the field. I would say I felt nothing short of blessed to be a captain of the 2020 season. Yes, our season may have been cut short, but my time with my team was everything I could've asked for!
4) What is the best place you have ever taken a vacation? Why? - Orlando, Florida. My grandparents live there and all of my vacations there were always fun and full of family time!
5) What are you currently watching on Netflix? - Currently I'm not watching anything on Netflix! I've gotten into the show Power on STARZ!
6) What is the best part of being a member of the USJ softball team? - The best part about being a member of the USJ softball team is having built-in best friends that have pushed me to be a better player on the field, a better teammate in the dugout, and a better person away from sports. My coaches, teammates, and other athletics staff/mentors definitely helped to shape my experience into the great one that it was!
7) What is your pre-game ritual? - My pre-game ritual always includes listening to my playlist of songs that help me to focus or get in my 'zone' mentally, whether its right before we step off of a bus, or right before I lace-up my cleats on our field. My favorite pre-game song to listen to this season was 'Last Breathe' by Future!
8) Why did you choose USJ? - USJ offered me the ability to not only further my education, but to improve my craft on the field!
9) What is your favorite store at the mall? - This one is easy! My favorite store in our local mall is definitely PacSun!
10) What are your plans after USJ? - I am still exploring my options, but my career goals include working within a lab setting! Forensic science has always been fascinating to me! I'm looking forward to possibly being back on the field with my team next spring with the extra year the NCAA granted spring student-athletes.
Be sure to check back in next week on www.usjbluejays.com to see who will be featured on the next #BlueJayTuesday!
Follow USJ Athletics
For the latest on University of Saint Joseph athletics, follow the Blue Jays on social media on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Fans can also download the USJ Front Row Mobile App and subscribe to our Newsletter and Text Alerts. #FearTheFlock #GoBlueJays