WEST HARTFORD, Conn. - The University of Saint Joseph (USJ) Department of Athletics is continuing its fun new weekly initiative called Blue Jay Tuesday, which will feature a different USJ student-athlete answering a series of 10 questions every Tuesday to help fans better get to know the Blue Jays. Last week, USJ featured Bianca Pappacoda in the seventh release, a senior on the softball team. Debuting in the eighth installment of Blue Jay Tuesday is senior Lauren Pelletier (South Windsor, Conn.) from the USJ volleyball team.
10 Things To Know About Lauren
1) What is your favorite book? - My favorite book is "The Haunting of Hill House" by Shirley Jackson. The suspense and horror in the book is presented by Jackson so casually which I think makes it scarier as a reader.
2) Where is your favorite place on USJ's campus? Why? - My favorite place on USJ's campus is the library. It is a really comfortable place for studying after classes. I also enjoy taking advantage of the study rooms with my classmates when preparing for exams.
3) What is the most memorable moment of your volleyball career at USJ? - The most memorable moment of my career at USJ has to be when I first joined the team! I was the only walk on to join the team and since I had missed out on preseason with the new recruits, I was worried that I wouldn't fit in with the team. But when I first walked into the gym, I was greeted by smiling faces and the upperclassmen were quick to get me acquainted with everyone! Since I had such amazing upperclassmen to mentor me when I was a freshman on the team, I worked to emulate that as an upperclassmen myself and help our new recruits feel welcomed on our team!
4) What is your favorite pizza topping? - I really like mushrooms on pizza!
5) What are you currently watching on Netflix? - I have been watching a lot of travel documentaries! "Dark Tourist" is a documentary series I have been enjoying lately.
6) What is the best part of being a member of the USJ volleyball team? - The best part of being a member of the USJ volleyball team for me is definitely my teammates! It is so important in volleyball to have great communication and collaboration with your teammates. For all four years that I competed on USJ's team, my volleyball teammates have always been the most supportive people for me and their positive energy has always helped to keep me motivated during difficult games or long practices!
7) What is your favorite animal that you would find at the zoo? Why? - I love seeing racoons at the zoo! They're my favorite animal and they're such intelligent creatures. I also think the way they eat grapes with their tiny hands is so cute!
8) Why did you choose USJ? - I chose USJ because of the atmosphere. I loved the small class sizes USJ offers and my compassionate professors pushed me to excel in my field of study.
9) What is your favorite day of the week? - I like Sundays! Those are usually the days I like to take it easy and spend quality time with my family.
10) What are your plans after USJ? - After USJ, I plan to gain some hands on experience in the secondary educational field before deciding what I want to specialize in for my Graduate degree. The student teaching and field experience that USJ helped plan for me has allowed me to form great relationships with professionals in my field and helped me to become a confident new educator. I'm also very excited to attend future USJ volleyball games as an alumni and cheer my teammates on from the stands!
Be sure to check back in next week on www.usjbluejays.com to see who will be featured on the next #BlueJayTuesday!
Follow USJ Athletics
For the latest on University of Saint Joseph athletics, follow the Blue Jays on social media on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Fans can also download the USJ Front Row Mobile App and subscribe to our Newsletter and Text Alerts. #FearTheFlock #GoBlueJays