The Athletic Training Staff at the University of Saint Joseph is dedicated to the prevention, care, rehabilitation and treatment of injuries sustained to the intercollegiate student athlete while participating in a University of Saint Joseph varsity sport.
For Visiting Teams
Visiting teams and their athletic trainers are asked to read the following letter in advance of arriving on campus at USJ.
Visiting teams click here.
All students must submit the following forms annually prior to participation in intercollegiate athletics:
- Athletic Physical: Must be completed by own physician
- Health History Form: Completed by athlete/parent
- Insurance Information: Completed by athlete/parent
- HIPAA form: Completed by athlete
- School Insurance policy letter: Parent and athlete read and sign
- Athletic Insurance policy letter: Parent and athlete read and sign
- Permission to treat form: Athletes who are under 18; parents need to sign
- Assumption of Risk Acknowledgement: Completed by athlete
- Injury/Illness Reporting Acknowledgement Form: Completed by athlete
- Consent for Disclosure to NCAA: Completed by athlete
- ADD/ADHD Exception: Completed by physician
Returning athletes do not need to complete an athletic physical
Athletic Training Room Hours
Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. to noon; 1-6 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday based on practice and game schedule
For injury rehabilitation, please make an appointment.
Rules and Regulations
- NO FOOD OR DRINK in the Athletic Training Room.
- No cleats, sports equipment or bags are permitted in the Athletic Training Room.
- All injuries must be reported to the athletic trainer for evaluation and treatment. Those injuries which were received at an away contest must be reported before 11 a.m. the following day. Arriving to the Athletic Training Room 30 minutes before practice or competition with a new injury is NOT acceptable.
- Athletes are encouraged to make appointments with the Certified Athletic Trainer for rehabilitation. If you require rehabilitation, please do not arrive 20 minutes before practice and expect aid through your program.
- If you require treatment, modalities (heat, ice, ultrasound, electrical muscle stimulation) or taping, please arrive 45 minutes to one hour prior to the time your coach has required you to arrive.
- All athletes must have a physical on file with the Athletic Training Staff. Any student-athlete without a physical will not be allowed to participate in intercollegiate athletics.
- All athletes are required to complete a medical history form on a yearly basis. Any changes in health should be reported to the athletic trainer immediately.
- All athletes must complete the insurance card form and HIPAA form.
- Out-of-season athletes must avoid treatment and rehabilitation between 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The athletic training room is not a lounge; please do not "hang out". If you are not receiving treatment, please wait outside.
- Improper language and immature behavior will not be tolerated.
- No one is permitted to use the athletic training room without permission
- Computer and cell phone use in the Athletic Training room is PROHIBITED.
Dr. Carl Nissen, M.D.
Elite Sports Medicine
399 Farmington Ave
Anna Sloan, M.S., ATC
Head Athletic Trainer
Assistant Athletic Trainer