BOSTON, Mass.— The University of Saint Joseph (USJ) women's basketball dropped a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) road matchup with Emmanuel College (EC), 82-32, on Andy Yosinoff Court Wednesday night.
Senior guard Yuleska Ramirez-Tejeda (Cambridge, Mass.) dropped a game-high 21 points on an efficient 10-of-15 shooting for the Saints. Freshman center Emma Fenton (Monument Beach, Mass.) added 11, a career-high. Freshman forward Meredith Forman (Bristol, Conn.) led the way for the Blue Jays with 12 points on 5-of-12 from the floor.
Saint Joseph hit the first basket of the second quarter to cut the lead to nine, but was never within single digits again, as the Saints poured it on the rest of the quarter to blow it wide open.
Score: Saint Joseph 32, Emmanuel 82
Records: USJ (8-7, 0-2 GNAC) Emmanuel (10-5, 2-0 GNAC)
Location: Andy Yosinoff Court| Boston, Mass.
- Sophomore forward Loredana D'Agostino (Broad Brook, Conn.) made all three of her shots in the first quarter, giving the Saints a 19-8 edge.
- Junior forward Deanna De La Cruz (Winsted, Conn.) put a layup in to start the second, cutting the gap to nine, 19-10. The Saints would close the quarter on a 19-3 run though to take a commanding 28-point halftime lead, 46-18, and never looked back.
NUMBER TO KNOW
26 – The Saints had 26 assists on their 33 field goals, with 11 players scoring overall.
- The Blue Jays have dropped the last three games, while the Saints have won five of their last six.
- USJ shot a season-low 20% from the field (12-59 FG).
- EC controlled most of the team stats on the night, including rebounds (53-32), points off turnovers (30-9), second chance points (17-4), and points in the paint (46-14).
The Blue Jays will be back home on Saturday, January 18 for a 1:00 p.m. matchup against GNAC opponent Norwich University.
Follow USJ Athletics
For the latest on University of Saint Joseph athletics, follow the Blue Jays on social media on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Fans can also download the USJ Front Row Mobile App and subscribe to our Newsletter and Text Alerts. #FearTheFlock #GoBlueJays